Finding a caterer is as easy as ABC. All a prospective client needs to do is go online and pick from the myriads of individual or company websites and make a choice. Alternatively, relatives and friends can make a few recommendations. All that is left is deciding on a menu and sit pretty, waiting for the service delivery.
This is the best way to get thoroughly disappointed on the wedding day. It has repeatedly been bashed into our heads that wedding guests will not forget substandard food and drinks. They may be quick to understand and even sympathize with the couple in the event that an element backfires but the same does not extend to the catering. That fact that this is also probably the biggest wedding expenditure should be motivation enough to do some thorough homework when it comes to the hiring process.
These questions can act like a guideline to ensure that a top quality provider like Divine Caterers is picked for the job.
- Are you available on my wedding day?
- How long have you been in business?
- How much do you charge per person or plate?
- What is your payment plan? / When should the bill be settled?
- What are some of your specialties?
- Considering my budget, date or theme, what are some of your menu suggestions?
- Can we taste some of your samples before hiring you?
- Can you prepare a special order requested by us?
- Are there any other additional charges?
- Have you ever catered at our location before?
- Will you personally be on site on our wedding day?
- Do you have a couple of references?
- Do you provide alcohol or will we have to source from elsewhere?
- Do you recommend a plate or buffet presentation? How do they compare pricewise?
- Can you cater for special diets e.g. vegans?
- How much do you charge for vendors on site like photographers?
- Do you also do wedding cakes?
- Do you also come with chairs, tables, and cutlery?
- How much time will you need to set up?
- Will you do the clean-up?