Whats your take on colored wedding dresses?
A colored wedding dress is the latest trend that can make you stand out for all the right reasons. Whether dark or brightly colored, with African and modern prints, sashes, sequins and rosettes, Kenyan wedding dresses are slowly leaning to this trend to make their weddings unique.
Why do brides choose to wear colored wedding dresses?
- You get to integrate your favorite color on your wedding day. White wedding dresses are not for every bride and this is great for the bride who wants a personalized touch for their dress.
- A bride can get to incorporate the color of the season to their wedding.
- A bride can choose the color that compliments her skin. An African bride can rock shades of browns on her wedding dress to stand out, with matching bridesmaids’ dresses.
- A bride can choose a wedding color based on the season of the year. Is it the hot season or the rainy seasons? Choose your colored wedding dress based on the season: yellow and other bright colors are great for summer whereas silver and other pale colors are perfect for cold seasons.
- Choose a colored wedding dress based on your wedding location. Having a beach wedding? A bride can choose colored wedding dress in shades of blue, yellow, orange and other fun colors for her dress.
Disadvantages of colored wedding dress:
- It is non-traditional: It is the norm to have a plain white wedding dress in Kenya. Going against this norm, may cause strife particularly with the older generation.
- The bride’s colored dress, if not taken to consideration, can clash with the wedding theme. This will cause disharmony especially if she picks her favorite color that is different from the theme colors of the wedding.
We have wedding gown vendors who offer colored wedding dresses in Kenya, for more information click here.