Every wedding cake baker you meet will probably market themselves as the top in the market, the one that sets the benchmark that other bakers aspire to reach. Often than not, they offer nothing much than mundane and yawn-inducing cake designs and concepts. Finding an established bakery that has years of quality service delivery under its belt like Sweet Inspirations, is easier said than done.
Before you give the go ahead for a baker to come up with what should be your event’s centerpiece, it’s a good idea to sit down and ask some questions. This way you can be sure to avoid some of the common mistakes that other couples before you have made. If you want something as stunning as the cake below, do your homework thoroughly. Those recommendations made by friends and relatives should not be the only qualifying points.
Here are some questions that will help you sieve the real master bakers from the wannabes.
- How long have you been baking wedding cakes?
- Can we see a portfolio of some of your work?
- How many cakes have you been booked to bake on our wedding day?
- Who exactly will bake our cake?
- What criteria do you use to charge the wedding cake?
- What are some of the filling options available for our cake?
- Can we taste some of your cakes before we make a deposit?
- Do you charge for the sampling?
- What are some of the ingredients you use?
- What type of frosting do you use for your cakes?
- What are some of your decorative styles? Do you do sugar flowers?
- Do you have any specialties?
- How soon before our wedding day will the cake be baked?
- Can you custom make a cake for us?
- Tell us about your delivery services?
- What is your payment policy?
- Any additional costs?
- Do you provide cake stands and toppers?