If your ideal wedding venue is fully booked most Saturdays what would you do? Have a Saturday wedding at a place you don’t really like or consider a mid-week wedding at the venue of your dreams? If you’re keen on Kenyan weddings, you must have noticed that more and more couples are planning a wedding on weekdays.
While there’s the fear of most of your wedding guests not showing up, a weekday wedding may not be such a bad idea.
The Pros and Cons of a Weekday Wedding
Top of the reasons why most couples would rather have a weekday wedding is because they’ll afford the perfect location without having to compromise on most things. You get to hire your favorite vendors without having to exhaust your budget. Other reasons why weekday weddings could be a good idea include:
- You’re likely to strike a good deal on the cost of your wedding venue.
- Transport and accommodation can be cheaper for your wedding guests.
- Other vendors may also offer a cheaper rate if the wedding is midweek because they are less busy.
- You are likely to end up with only your closest relatives and friends attending your wedding and this makes the celebration a lot more fun.
- Some vendors will offer more hours and your undivided attention.
- It generally helps you to keep the budget low.
However, planning a wedding on a weekday may come with certain challenges.
- Be prepared to put up with some complaining friends and family members who are not used to weekday weddings.
- People may not attend because they don’t have flexible work arrangements.
- If most of your guests will be traveling to the venue, getting there on time may be an issue.
- Some venues close early on weekdays so you’ll have to make other arrangements for the after party.
At the end of the day, it’s you to decide whether a weekday wedding is best for you as a couple. Consider things like the location, your wedding budget and schedule of your most important guests.
Do you have a personal experience planning a wedding on a Weekend? Have you ever been to a mid-week wedding? Share your experience on the comment section below.