Finding the right planner to coordinate your grand day can at first seem like a tough task to pull off. Chances are, you may have to settle on an event management company recommended by a trusted person or you may have to depend on online referrals and reviews. Either way, this does not make the narrowing down an easy process. Hiring a planner is after all a financially engaging activity and the couple needs to be sure that the services they get are worth their time and hard earned money.
An easy way to sieve out a quality planner from the rest of the crowd is to have a sit down with them and ask them a round of questions that should prove whether they are satisfactory enough for the task at hand. You need someone that will help you rest easy at night, with the assurance that everything is being taken care of.
Here are a few things that need clarification, as recommended by wedding planning extraordinaire A Fine Touch Limited. Remember though to keep the atmosphere cool and easy.
- Are we sure that you will be available on our wedding day?
- What are some of the services that you offer?
- How many weddings have you organized so far?
- Tell us about some of the most memorable weddings you have planned.
- How much do you charge for the weddings you plan?
- What payment plan does the charge come with?
- Are there any other additional fees we should know about?
- Can we have some references?
- What should happen if at any point you are unavailable e.g. sickness? Any back-up plans?
- How best should we communicate? Phone? Email?
- Tell us about how you handled a difficult situation
- Have you organized any other wedding at our preferred venue?
- Are there any other weddings you will be organizing alongside ours?
- Do you come with a contract?
- Will you be able to work within my budget?
- Do you do this full time o do you have another job?
- Will you be present at all the meetings?
- Do you work alone or with someone else?
- Do you have any questions for us?