The Range Rover and the latest model of Mercedes S class are some of the most luxurious cars on the market today , and are an absolute favourite among our clients. At Moran pride Ltd we hire out a wide range of cars to our clients, the Mercedes Benz S class and Range Rover Sport being part of our collection. But what exactly sets these two luxury cars apart? We take you through some of the important specifications:
Luxury and comfort
Mercedes S class has been ruling the luxury car scene for over 40 years, and the latest release, the sixth generation of the car, is probably the best yet. Being behind the wheel in a Mercedes S class is one of the rare feats of luxury in the world, the only better experience is being chaffered around in one. Vibrations that often come through the steering wheel or pedals are non-existent. You will not even hear a whiff of the wind or tyre roar while cruising at motorway speed.
On the other hand, the Range Rover boasts a mix of super refinements and amazing off-road capabilities. Unprecedented levels of luxury coupled with immense power makes for a luxury car that can rival any car in the same bracket.
Mercedes S class subjects the user to an extraordinary driving experience, thanks to the following features:
- An amazingly cushioned ride courtesy of standard air suspensions
- The air suspensions nicely smooth out bumps on the road
- Great grip, quick and well weighted steering.
- You can easily reduce body roll by switching on the sport mode
On the other hand,
- The range rover has this amazing capability of getting from 0 to 60 mph in 7.4 seconds, and goes on to hit 130 mph
- Its air suspension and adaptive damping ensures a composed ride
- The steering accuracy associated with a range rover is one of a kins, with active lean control anti-roll bars option tightening the body control further.
The Mercedes S class packs in plenty of safety features. The most notable ones include:
- A traffic sign recognition camera, eight air bags, a driver drowsiness monitor and stability control system
- An optional driving assistance package can also be fitted to access such features as lean keep assistance, ability to monitor blind spots, cruise control, night vision cameras and rear seat belts with in-built air-bags. Please note that some of these safety features are fitted after the purchase, as an add-on.
The range rover scored an impressive 91% on adult occupancy protection, while chalking up 86% on safety assist, according to a survey by Euro ENCAP. Some of its high tech safety features include:
- Seatbelt reminders, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, trailer stability control and much more.
- Additional features include ABS (anti-lock braking system) which significantly reduces chances of rolling and ESP (electronic stability control) a computerized technology that immensely reduces chances of skidding resulting from loss of traction.