LEDs or light emitting diodes are rapidly transforming theatre stages, wedding reception venues and night clubs, taking over from the traditional light bulbs. Originally designed to be used as indicator lights in electronic devices, LED lights have quickly mutated into the lighting of choice in bigger spaces, including wedding reception halls.
The beauty of LED lights lies in their structure, designed to be simple and strong at the same time. The design offers versatility, allowing for assembly into different shapes. The varied LED colours are a product of the light-emitting semi conductor filler materials.
Drama Sounds and Events provide LED screens at weddings and related events in Kenya. We take you through some of the pros and cons of using LED lights at your event.
- Low levels of heat radiated
- Quite simple control and programming
- No UV rays radiated
- Highly efficient
- High levels of intensity and brightness
- LEDs generally come with low current and voltage requirements
- Resistant to vibrations and shock, making them very reliable
- LED lights are quite focussed, providing an enhanced breath of lighting as opposed to traditional bulbs
- They are quite robust, making them less likely to suffer from functional failure
- The main limitation associated with LED lights is the cost. The cost of hiring LED lights is significantly higher than that of traditional bulbs. The cost ties up with the magnificent features that these bulbs are known for.
However, it goes without saying that LED bulbs are more than just an excellent substitute for ordinary light bulbs. Its all about bringing out the glitz and glamour during your wedding reception. Talk to Drama Sounds on 0727 765157 today.