When most people think about the wedding cake, the immediate image that jumps to mind is this grand, pastry masterpiece. A bridal cake in all its glory is hard to miss. It’s the focal point of the event and with a baker like Sweet Inspirations, you can be sure that it will be a work of art, worthy of a mention in a song.
Trends in the wedding industry keep on changing. What was in vogue ten years ago is probably obsolete now. The same goes for cakes. The shifts in this sector are nothing short of awesome. Cake have become more bold and daring, pushing the envelope on what is considered creative. Today, if you can imagine it, chances are, it can be made.
However, far from the design, size and flavor of cakes, the latest train that most bakers are jumping into is the deconstructed cakes. Previously, the main issue that couples had to decide on was whether they wanted tiered cakes or not. Now, there is a new entrant into the playing field and its already a hit: Cupcakes.
Certain elements make cupcakes a top contender:
- First, they are awesome to look at. There is something about a cupcake stand that literally pulls the eyes. They are a stunning sight and give tiered cakes a run for their money when it comes to being photogenic.
- They add a flair of fun. Cupcakes are the perfect option for that couple that wants a relaxed, informal affair.
- It’s easy to experiment with colors and flavors when dealing with individual items like cupcakes. This way you can cater to different tastes and preferences and customize them to suite the overall decor.
- Economically, cupcakes are much cheaper than a grand wedding cake . The pieces also appear bigger. A double win situation.
- No mess involved with cupcakes. Serving them is a piece of cake.
Now that cupcakes probably sound like a good idea, don’t forget that the good old wedding cake has its own strong points. Think about wedding traditions like cutting the cake as a couple and saving the top tier for a year.
If the decision is proving too hard to make, go halfway. Have a cupcake stand with a large cake at the top of the tower. This way, you get to enjoy them both.