What’s in a chair’s name? And why do event planner make lots of references to specific brands of chairs, such as chiavari? The answers to these questions are simply based on the considerations when sizing up and planning for sitting arrangement at the venue.
Chiavari seats are probably the most common chairs you will ever come across at a wedding, corporate event and many other social gatherings. But what makes them stand out? And why do planners prefer to use them? Here is the low down.
Chiavari is a particular style of chair known to have orignated from the Italian coastal town of Chiavari. There is a great variations in brands, and some maybe hard to recognise; but an ideal seat of this nature is characterized by carved bamboo joints. A fine Touch Wedding Planners and Decor take you through some of the merits of hiring and using these chairs:
- The lightness and elegant appearance of the chair appeals to anyone who knows a thing or two about convenience. This makes them popular with wedding plannners. They also come with convenient stackability.
- They come in varied finishes and materials, from beach wood to bronze, steel and even lightweight Chiavaris with a natural or white finish are the most popular at weddings.
- Originally designed for large gatherings, these chairs have slowly found their way into homes, thanks to their elegance and being practically decorative.
- Chiavari chairs are characteristically a practical solution for managing small wedding gatherings of around 30 people, all the way to a gala of 3,000 guests.
- These beautiful pieces of furniture also come in a wide range of colours; including silver, walnut, black , white, antique gold and natural bamboo color.
Chiavari chairs are here to stay, popular with wedding and decor planners and are a favorite among people planning their events.