Many couples would like to go for a honeymoon after the wedding and don’t know where to start. Here are a few suggestions to guide you on choosing the best honeymoon location for you.
- What is your Budget? Tours and travel agents have come up with honeymoon packages to suit wedded couples from all walks of life. Packages can range from: Budget, Mid-Luxury to Exclusively luxurious honeymoons. Tell us about your preferences and we will gladly hook you up with the vendors who provide the best honeymoon packages.
- When are you travelling? Experienced travel agents will notify you about low and high seasons of your area of interest. Low seasons are the best time to travel as you get the best deals from hotels and lodges due to the low tourism traffic. The prevailing weather conditions in your preferred destination should also be considered. For instance, if your proposed honeymoon destination is prone to heavy floods at a certain time of the year, opt for another location or travel before/after the heavy rains.
- For how long will you be gone? Determine how much vacation time your employer would offer you to travel to your chosen destination. Make time for such activities as sports and other outdoor activities, and of course your alone time. Again, you can opt for a mini-honeymoon if time constrained and plan for your dream honeymoon at a future date.
- To help pick a perfect honeymoon destination, think of the theme of your honeymoon. Do you envision an African Safari with lots of sight-seeing and bathing in the African Sun? Or do you prefer sandy beaches with an extensive view of the Ocean? Whatever your preference, it will help you choose the perfect destination for your honeymoon.
- What amenities would you like your choice honeymoon destination to have? Is it a spa, in house restaurant or hot-air balloons? Talk to your travel agency to get the honeymoon of your dreams.
Don’t forget to stock up on suitable luggage that will come in handy. What are the outright must-have kits for you as a couple? If going on a beach holiday, robes, sun screen, flip flops and swim-wear are essentials to have with you. Not forgetting insect repellants and suitable vaccinations if traveling to a disease-prone area. More ideas on how to plan your honeymoon here.