Looking for ways to make your garden wedding remarkable? Here are a few tips to spruce up your outdoor wedding and let it turn out to be one of the most memorable occasions of your life.
1. For starters, stay away from heels. The bride and her bridal party can opt for wedges or flat pair of shoes instead of heels. Those who insist on wearing heels can get heel protectors or stand on cement blocks during the formal ceremony and then later change to more comfortable shoes.
2. You can also choose to give away wedding favors and cool gifts such as pretty parasols/umbrellas, sunglasses or even a fan. Such unique features will keep your guests and bridal party comfortable and help them to keep the heat at bay.
3. Give your guests cool wet towels and refreshing face mist packages to keep cool. This allows your guests and bridal party to keep cool and preserve their energy to dance and enjoy their day. You can also offer ice cold water to keep them hydrated.
4. If it’s a really hot sunny day, request the florist to mist the floral arrangements at the wedding venue and reception areas. This keeps the flowers fresh and new throughout the whole occasion.
5. You can do away with chairs, tables and tents. It’s a cost cutting measure that also allows you to customize the wedding. One way of achieving this is by incorporating brightly-colored quilts, African “lesos” and blankets spread over bales of hay. The hay bales give your garden wedding an unadulterated rustic feel. If it gets too cold, think of placing a blanket basket to facilitate warmth for your guests.
6. Incorporate netted canopies or “shukas” around the food, cocktail tables, and dessert and salad tables. This keeps the bugs and insects away. In case of rain, it can prevent the wind from blowing over the cake at the same time keeping the debris and dirt from the food table.
7. Having a late night reception? Think of holding a bonfire! Confirm with your venue if you require a permit for it otherwise go ahead and have fun with your party.
For an extraordinary garden wedding, include fireworks in your ceremony. Fireworks can be a fun and notable addition to your wedding decor and will light up your event, turning it into an occasion that you will forever cherish.