So you’ve heard all forms of horror stories from other couples regarding their wedding vendors. From the wedding service providers who fail to show up to those who cancel their appointments last minute and the ones who demand their pay in the middle of the service. Well, none of these things have to happen to you. You can have exactly what you expect on your wedding day by working with the right team.
Since we introduce wedding service providers to couples every day, we thought it’s important for us to give you a few tips that will ensure you have a good experience booking wedding vendors. Follow these tips and you’ll avoid the stress that comes with wedding planning.
1. Always get a written booking confirmation: The fact that you spoke to the wedding vendor on phone doesn’t mean that they have agreed to commit to your wedding. You need to get an official booking confirmation together with a contract. Most vendors will only confirm a booking after you’ve paid a certain deposit so be ready for it.
2. Check the details: Never overlook important details that will affect your ceremony. Details of the following should be included in your contract:
- Postponement fees
- Surcharges like delivery or hire costs
- Overtime fees
- Start and finish time
- Cancellation terms
- Inclusions and exclusions of the package
If any of the above is not included, make sure you ask your wedding vendor for clarification and have it in writing.
3. Communicate your expectations: To make things work out better, write down your list of expectations and give your vendor that list. Letting your wedding vendor know in advance what you really want will prevent any disappointments.
4. Have a wedding file: Keep all the documents that involve wedding vendors in your wedding file. This includes things like your contracts, receipts of deposits paid, emails and booking forms. They will come in handy in case something goes wrong.
There are wedding vendors you can trust to show up on time, provide a reliable service and exceed your expectations. You just have to do your research well and settle for the best.