Wedding entertainment is important because it sets the tone for your special day. Good entertainment can also overshadow some of the things that dint turn out perfect in the wedding. People will hardly remember the poor décor if they had a blast. You can choose a wedding band, wedding choir or a wedding DJ to entertain your guests. Let’s look at the pros and cons of each.
Benefits of Choosing a Wedding DJ
DJs are an excellent choice if you want to cut down the cost of entertainment. It’s cheaper to hire a wedding DJ compared to a band. A DJ can also customize the playlist to suit your tastes and preferences. You just need to meet with him/her earlier on and discuss your needs and wishes for the wedding. The DJ should be able to spin various styles of music based on what the audience enjoys. It is always advisable to develop a playlist long before the wedding to be clear about your likes and dislikes when it comes to wedding entertainment.
Benefits of choosing a wedding band/choir
Some brides would rather go for a wedding band or choir. This is mainly because live music comes with its own unique advantages. For starters, a good band or choir will engage your guests and keep everyone entertained. The band will also focus on what your wedding guests seem to love and play music that people actually enjoy. However, you must choose a wedding band that plays the kind of sound you want.
When choosing a wedding band, remember to:
- Listen to the band playing live, days before your wedding(you can attend one of the functions they entertain to see how well they play instead of making a decision based on a CD or video).
- Choose a playlist that you want the band to focus on. You can also let them know the kind of sound you don’t want on your wedding.
- Check with the venue to make sure they have adequate power so that the band doesn’t get stuck when there’s a blackout.
- Discuss with the wedding choir regarding the breaks they can take during the ceremony and give them your timeline early.
- Make sure the band leader knows your names as well as other important guests who he/she may need to mention during the ceremony.
When choosing your playlist, avoid having one style of music throughout. Make sure the band is properly positioned in the wedding venue and not directly in front of the guests. Before choosing a wedding DJ, make sure you seat with this professional and discuss other matters such as the dress code. Have a list of top wedding songs that you would like to be included on the playlist.