Have you decided to import a wedding gown? Imported wedding gowns are very popular today mainly because brides want to rock designer clothing on their big day. As a bride to be, you must choose a wedding gown which will define your look. And for that reason, you have to wisely choose a gown that compliments your body type and personality.
Most brides wish to import their wedding gown other than buying it locally. Their main reason being, they cannot find the exact dress in any of the local bridal shops. Clearly, choosing the right gown might take you months.
However, here are tips that will make it more fun and easier for you to import a wedding dress.
What to Consider before Importing a Gown
- Get your measurements right – Remember this is a dress that you want to import from an overseas company. It would be frustrating if you don’t give them the correct measurements.
- The cost of importing– Before placing an order, you need to find out all the costs and charges. These costs could include taxes and shipping details.
- Quality – Have a real picture of what you want to wear, before settling for a choice. Online Images may not give the exact details of the dress, so it will be wise if you know the material and quality of the gown before you begin the importation process.
- Address– Always get the supplier’s details. In case something happens and your needs are not met. You will be in a position to follow up.
- The risks involved – understand that there are actually more risks associated with importing than buying locally. Being aware of the risks puts you in a better position to handle things. There are online scams that you should know how to avoid and the risk of delays in delivery.
- Check if the gown is available locally –There are local bridal shops that import wedding gowns, so to save yourself the hustle of importing buy or hire the gown from them.