Let’s face it, a wedding MC will either make or break your wedding day. He is basically in control of your reception. With that being said, it is your responsibility to make sure that you have the best like Penda Ireri running your day.
Here is what to look for when choosing your wedding MC
- He should have a good sense of Humor – An MC should be able to bring laughter and build happiness through the entire reception session. Ask him/her to show you his previous work or at least go through his script. This way you can rest assured that the ceremony is in good hands.
- He should be a good Public Speaker – Your wedding MC should be comfortable with big crowds. As a couple, ensure that you see his or her previous work before you hire them. Just to be on the safe side, do not take chances.
- He should be a time keeper – We all know of that one relative that will give a long speech. A good MC will always let the key speakers know that they shouldn’t take long. It is his responsibility to ensure that everything runs smoothly and on time.
- He should always do his Research – Looking at his previous events, you should be able to tell if he does his homework. For example, he should memorize names of important people like the bride’s mam or the groom’s best man
- He should be responsible – Responsibility begins with not taking alcohol before your duties. Secondly, the MC will show responsibility by ensuring everything is moving at a reasonable pace. A good MC is always ready for whatever could go wrong.
- He should be versatile – you need a master or mistress of ceremony who is flexible. Someone who can do different event themes always has a creative mind; and that’s the kind of person you need.
- He should be able to take instructions – basically, the couple plans how the reception or the evening should go. The MC then takes over as per the instructions of the couple. So feel free to ask around or make calls, just to make sure you have the right person for the Emceeing job.
Most importantly the duties of a wedding MC is to ensure that everything runs smoothly and that everyone leaves happy. As a couple planning to hire the best MC in town, you also need to do your research. You can also plan a meeting with him/her, just to make sure he/she understands what the day entails.