It is easy to get too busy in the humdrum of wedding planning and forget to take care of the crown jewel of the wedding- that’s you. But looking great, from your hair, to your skin, nails and fitness level is the perfect way to complement your no doubt impressive wedding gown.
So what are some of the bridal beauty tips you can follow to ensure you are glowing on your big day?
Skin Care Tips
Your skin is the canvas on which accessories such as makeup and jewelry will be showcased. Even if you are not a big make up fan, healthy glowing skin is enough to ensure you look gorgeous. For perfect skin on your wedding day, there are simple but effective habits you can adopt.
- Drink lots of water to hydrate your skin and avoid skin breakouts.
- Indulge in fruits and fresh vegetables.
- Perform sweaty exercises like jogging which are great for skin health.
- Avoid trying out new skin products in this period. You may react badly to them.
- Get regular facials a few months before the big day to improve your skin tone and eliminate blackheads.
- To crown it all, get a reputable makeup artist to spruce you up so you look classy, not tacky.
Hair Care Tips
There are a variety of bridal hairstyles to further enhance your look. The most common are braids, weaves, relaxed hair sets and dreadlocks. However, when choosing the bridal hair style, remember these few tips:
- Do not experiment with a new hair style a day before the wedding.
- Try different looks over the preceding months and find one you will be comfortable with.
- If you settle for relaxed hair, get the retouch done a few weeks to the wedding so it has volume and body for easier styling.
- Weaves and braids are great too as they less permanent and give you a wider range of styling options.
- Shape your eyebrows by tweezing, threading or shaving to frame your face and add to your natural bridal beauty.
- If you have sparse eyebrows, henna tattoos are available to provide some volume and definition.
- Shaving or waxing unsightly body hair such as armpits or facial hair also helps you look great in whatever dress style you choose.
Finally, your nails will be the focus of attention when the rings are exchanged. Having elegantly done nails is important, keeping in mind that your wedding photos and videos will capture them. So keep the following in mind ladies.
- Get a manicure and pedicure done by a professional the day before the wedding.
- If you opt to groom your nails yourself, stick to simple looks with clean finishes so it still looks professional.
Every bride can look their best on their wedding day on whatever budget by following the above bridal beauty tips. Remember though, confidence and a big smile are the most priceless accessories you can wear to look stunning on that special day.