Should You Buy Or Rent Your Wedding Gown?
Have you ever thought of the benefits of hiring rather than buying a wedding gown? Weddings are not a cheap affair. You have to make cost cutting measures when choosing your venue, caterers, entertainment, cards and stationery and even wedding attire. It may not be something you thought of but hiring a wedding dress can be a nice way to save on cost.
Benefits of hiring your wedding dress
- Practical solution for any bride with a low budget
- Rental wedding dresses are usually stored in perfect condition
- They can cut the cost of wedding attire by half
- The bride doesn’t have to invest in maintenance of the dress since she will return it after the wedding
Disadvantages of hiring a wedding dress
- You may have limited selections because there could be a few designs available for rental
- Most wedding gowns for hire are made using synthetic fabric which is durable and easy to clean
- The wedding dresses for hire are usually imported from China and may not be one of a kind
- You may not be able to make alterations on the dress so you must choose a size that fits perfectly
- You can be charged for alterations
- You have to be very cautious not to damage the dress because hefty penalties are imposed if it happens
Hiring a wedding gown may not be ideal for every bride. Some brides want to have the gown of their dreams for the rest of their life and there’s no problem with that. There’s no problem in buying a wedding gown if your budget can allow it.
Benefits of buying your own gown
- The gown can be designed specifically for you so you’ll get the best fit, detail, fabric and finishing.
- You can buy off the rack and take it home immediately if the gown doesn’t require alterations
- Ideal for the last minute bride
- You can keep the gown for sentimental reasons
- You can alter the gown as much as you want to meet your requirements
Disadvantages of buying a wedding gown
- You’ll use the (expensive)dress only for a couple of hours
- The dress is likely to spend years in storage
- You have to make time for at least 3 fittings if you consider a custom made dress
- You have to maintain the dress this includes professional washing and proper storage