Have you thought of the role of ushers on your wedding day? Wedding ushering services are important if you don’t want the bridal party to feel overwhelmed. As a golden rule, you need to assign 1 usher to every 50 guests.
That means a wedding of 500 should have at least 10 ushers. The wedding ushers will direct guests to specific places they need to seat and basically ensure everything runs swiftly. The ushers will be the first ones to arrive at the ceremony. Here are the main duties of a wedding usher.
During the wedding ceremony the ushers are expected to:
- Arrive at the wedding before the other guests and the bridal party/entourage
- Hand out any flyers or service sheets
- Make sure everything is in place- this includes the sitting arrangement
- Wait outside to greet the guests as they arrive
- Direct the guests to their rightful seating places
- Inform the bridal party of the arrival of the bride
- Directs late guests to their seating to prevent any disruption
- Ensure everybody knows how to get to the reception
The usher’s roles do not end at the wedding ceremony. During the reception, the wedding ushers are expected to:
- Make guests feel comfortable during the ceremony
- Ensure the wedding party and the guests are all served
- Coordinate guests to ensure they have the refreshments available
- Show guests where the cloakrooms and bathroom are
- Coordinate the gifts and ensure they are properly placed
- Ensure nothing has been left behind after the wedding
If you need wedding ushering services here in Kenya, click here.